I am a ghostwriter, my own ghostwriter. So while this blog is indeed mine, it is that of the shadowed selves i sometimes fail to recognise as being me. If writing writes you, sometimes revealing those things that you hadn't intended for it to say,* then I write with the intention of exposing me to myself. sketching serendipity therefore depicts a series of thoughts and experiences in the hope of projecting a multidimensional self-portrait in the making.

* J.M Coetzee's theories on writing in Doubling The Point.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Growing Pains

I used to believe that growing pains disappeared at 13, until the day that they appeared perfectly transposed -  swapping  my legs for my heart as the preferred plaything of the season. 

I have come to learn (somewhat belatedly) that growing pains cease only momentarily, to resume once more in altering forms; the aches of bitter experiences, unrealised dreams, or those which grip a lonely and rejected heart. A heart given to the depths of feeling and dreaming, pain, happiness, hope and learning. That heart is a heart of mounting wisdom, born not from a natural excellence, but a burning and solidifying process. Praise be to God, Who gives us that for which we don't ask, but in His infinite knowledge understands best the things we first require in order to to be wise and beautiful.
Glory be to Him, The Greatest.

راوية
 

No comments:

Post a Comment