I am a ghostwriter, my own ghostwriter. So while this blog is indeed mine, it is that of the shadowed selves i sometimes fail to recognise as being me. If writing writes you, sometimes revealing those things that you hadn't intended for it to say,* then I write with the intention of exposing me to myself. sketching serendipity therefore depicts a series of thoughts and experiences in the hope of projecting a multidimensional self-portrait in the making.

* J.M Coetzee's theories on writing in Doubling The Point.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bridal Make-up and Hijaab Ideas

I was inspired by a makeupgeek tutorial on how to do Arabian/ Middle Eastern make-up. It resulted in a bit of retail therapy at the Inglot counter in Cavendish Square.


I tried to recreate the look on my cousin's eyes using the wrong brushes (not intentionally - I was away from home). Curiously, it worked. The look is a subtle one, with hues in gold, brown and (a less visible) plum.


And my tool-kit? Laughable but workable:

  • The Classic Brow Brush #12 by Smashbox
  • Eyeshadow foam brush by Avon
  • Custom-made eyeshadow pallet by Inglot (see picture below)






To check out the tutorial and many others of its kind on makeupgeek, visit the link below:









2 comments:

  1. nice blog checkout mine on

    http://www.togetherfornature.blogspot.com

    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some pretty fascinating ideas, but Ive got a question for you. I have a Wordpress site, however my design is rather boring. Yours looks genuinely great though and I am wondering if it is a premium theme? Im just contemplating acquiring one, but I genuinely like yours. Cheers!
    negative ion generator reviews consumer reports
    air purifier made in germany
    meat purifier

    ReplyDelete